Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:49:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, network@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   patch for if_sis to support SiS630E, need testers

http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/SiS/sis.diff

This patch adds support for reading the station address from the
ATC CMOS RAM for board with the SiS 630E chipset with integrated
SiS 900 ethernet. I've verified that the patch compiles and doesn't
make the system explode, and it should have no effect on standalone
SiS 900 devices, however I don't currently have access to a host
with this chipset in it so I'm not 100% positive it does the right
thing. Those who have such hardware running 4.2-RELEASE, 4.2-STABLE
or -current, please apply the patch and let me know if the MAC
address is read correctly.

Note that the changes are hidden under #ifdef __i386__. The hacks
to make this work are specific to the x86 architecture, and the
SiS 630E chipset is only for x86 motherboards anyway. PCI adapters
based on the SiS 900 should still work on the alpha.

-Bill