Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:19:41 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: perl mail problems

On 01/29/12 18:56, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 29/01/2012 08:11, Da Rock wrote:
>> Thanks for the help guys. I've stepped away from php for security
>> reasons; and the fact that I can integrate perl right into apache with
>> mod_perl.
> Verb. Sap.
>
> Checkout PSGI if you're doing web-based perl things.  See
> http://plackperl.org/
>
> It means you can code up your web app using the Plack API using a simple
> built-in HTTP server and then deploy to your production systems using
> full-on mod_perl and apache.  Or mod_psgi and apache.  Or any one of
> about twenty different combinations -- whatever web server, plugin
> module, toolkit, etc. you already have deployed.
Thanks Matthew. I'll look into that at some point, but I'm not entirely
sure it will be necessary in my situation.

I finally decided to scrap Mail::Box and go with Mail::IMAPClient
instead as suggested (I didn't even bother with the workaround), and it
worked immediately! So I'm stoked... much simpler to use. Should have
called it Mail::IMAPSimple instead :)

All that googling for nought! Mail::IMAPClient never really came up as a
contender when searching perl imap - it was all about Mail::Box. Weird...

Cheers