Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:05:29 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hardware question - WAN port for FreeBSD router!

Hi all.

Please forgive me if this post is altogether in the wrong place, but I need
help finding a certain piece of hardware.

I have a number of firewalls running (very happily) on FreeBSD.  Each one is
connected on the outside NIC to a Cisco 1601 Router, which is connected in
turn to an NTU etc....

I am sure I could save a lot by installing a WAN card directly into the BSD
firewall, thereby doing without the Router altogether - FreeBSD can do all
the routing I need after all!

So - is there such a WAN serial card available?  And (most important) one
which is supported by the necessary BSD drivers?

Any pointers would be MUCH appreciated.

Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly
---
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." --
Galileo Galilei