Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:51:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@housing1.stucen.gatech.edu>
To:        kmitch@weenix.guru.org (Keith Mitchell)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970114-SNAP as starting point for SMP kernel

Keith Mitchell wrote...
> > Jordon just announced availability of a 3.0-current SNAP.
> > This would be a good starting point for those wanting to
> > setup an SMP system.  Please report any successes (or failures)
> > with this SNAP for SMP.  Details for getting from a SNAP
> > to an SMP system are at:
>
> I had to reinstal me system last night (a system crash took my root
> and /usr with it).  Everything seemed to work fine except for the linux
> emulation lkm.  I guess -current made some changes that the smp kernel
> doesn't have.  The errors are:
>
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
> /lkm/linux_mod.o: More undefined symbol _curproc refs follow
>
> Are there any plans to merge -current into -smp or -smp into -current in
> the near future??

	I ran into the same problem, and fixed it with:

options COMPAT_LINUX

	in my kernel config file.  IIRC, that just statically compiles in
the linux emulation stuff.  (dunno about any merge plans, though.  If
things are stable enough, it could be helpful.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@ulc199.residence.gatech.edu