Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 1995 07:28:16 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Tony Harverson  <harverso@beastie.cs.und.ac.za>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stray irq 7?

> > > I get this message on my 486.  Running 2.0.5-R.  I compiled the kernel without
> > > lpt support but it didn't get rid of this error.  Any ideas?
>
> Something is generating a bogus interrupt.  Braindead or faulty hardware is
> the most likely cause.

Actually, I think not - It's been doing it on every FreeBSD Box I've Been
on...
Last I heard was a 'We don't know and aren't bothered to fix it cos it
doesn't break anything ;)

Later..

TOny

--
~~~|~~~           aka: Tony Harverson - the #za Stalker
   | rog = harverso@beastie.cs.und.ac.za
  "...Let us die young or let us live forever/We Don't have the power but we
   never say never.." - Alphaville