Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:00:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS Continued

I've found after last night's problems, that freebsd is still accumulating
sever processes in disk-wait mode over NFS, which crashed the server last
night, yet my flagset includes soft.  Here is my fstab:

mshowell:/usr/home/coffee  /usr/home/coffee         nfs rw,bg,intr,soft 0
0

I don't see why there should be any processes in disk-wait with intr and
soft setup, yet I had over 128 last night.  If you try and kill mountd or
unmount it, the entire system will freeze.  I'm hoping the experts here
will be able to tell me what's going on - I haven't received any response
yet to my other post.

Jonathan A. Zdziarski                                NetRail Incorporated
Server Engineering Manager                    230 Peachtree St. Suite 500
jonz@netrail.net                                        Atlanta, GA 30303
http://www.netrail.net                                    (888) - NETRAIL