Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 1996 19:47:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rich Murphey <rich@rich.isdn.bcm.tmc.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: More Nakamichi problems

I tried the  Nakamichi cd changer on an NCR pci/scsi
controller and see the same symptoms as on the  Adaptec
1742/eisa system.  This is on a FreeBSD -stable system
from today's kernel sources.

When I run 'ls -R /cd/0' and 'ls -R /cd/1'
simultaneously.  One of them always reports an error:

fts_read: input/output error.

If they do manage to both start I soon get (it rebooted
to quickly to write down verbatim):

ncr0:0:0.. unit attention
ncr0:6:0.. reset, power on..
ncr0:6:1.. reset, power on..

I see the same 'fts_read' message with an Adaptec 1742.
I'll try it on an Adaptec 1542 as well next.  If that
yields the same results I think I'll send the drive
back to the factory to be serviced.

Rich