Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 12:14:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Craig Huckabee <huck@slartibartfast.nosc.mil>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pty limit of 64

	Is there a way to increase the number of ptys beyond 64?
	I'm currently using several machines to run some expect scripts
	which will simulate telnet sessions to another host (we are trying
	to simulate activity on the other host for load testing). I'd like
	to have more than 64 ptys active at one time (closer to 128 or more)

	The LINT kernel config file lists a limit of 64 ptys, but the
	MAKEDEV scripts show that you can make a whole lot more devices
	than that, up to 256 if I remember correctly.

	So, why the limit of 64 or is there something special to increase
	this number?

	Thanks,
	Craig
	huck@nosc.mil