Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:51:34 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "Domain must exist"

Hello, this is my first post here.

I have recently installed FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE. I have the domain
whizkidtech.net, so I entered it as my domain. I entered "whizkid" as my host.

Now when I try to send out mail, localhost sends it to
whizkid.whizkidtech.net. It is then sent to whomever it is addressed to.
But it is refused because "domain must exist."

Of course, whizkid.whizkidtech.net is not listed on any DNS.
Whizkidtech.net is, but that is where my web site is, on another system, in
another state.

So how do I tell my system to use whizkidtech.net rather than
whizkid.whizkidtech.net for outgoing mail.

Temporarily, I have changed the hostname to whizkidtech.net in my rc.config
and my new mail is getting through (although the old mail is still stuck in
the queue). But that means that two different computers in two different
states now have the same host name.

What do I do???

Adam

           ===> Whiz Kid Technomagic <===
             http://www.whizkidtech.net/
    The resource center for webmasters and web users
       Winner of the Starting Point Hot Site award
            Winner of the Lighthouse Award
             Home of the Web Magic Award