Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:15:18 +0300
From:      Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, David J Brooks <daeg@houston.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: portupgrade portupgrade leaves an error....

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 03:49:45PM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> David J Brooks wrote:
> > After running 'portupgrade portupgrade' I am left with the following er=
ror=20
> > when I run portversion or portupgrade, or pretty much any program that=
=20
> > addresses the ports collection:
> >=20
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-freebsd6/b=
db.so:=20
> > Undefined symbol "db_version"
> >=20
> > Any ideas on how to fix it?
>=20
> I guess the problem can be if you use databases/db41. Can you send me
> list of packages you have installed (ls -1 /var/db/pkg)?
What I noted when last update to databases/ruby-bdb was made, is that,
despite settings of WITH_BDB=3D43, final shared object is linked with
db-4.4 library. As far as I remember, I got some similar error
when trying to use portinstall after that.

I notified maintainer of ruby-bdb (knu@), but got no response.

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2--