Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:24:58 +0300
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        "Jamin A. Brown" <jamin@gwi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_5 no longer updated?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 12:16:17PM -0500, Jamin A. Brown wrote:
> Would it be possible to request that when a security branch is changed to
> "not officially supported" that there is a warning about this before it
> happens to the freebsd-announce list? Or is such an announcement made
> somewhere already and I just missed it?
>
> It would be great to know about this in advance so that those systems
> could be brought up to date before occasions like the recent patches.

AFAIK, when a new version of FreeBSD released (or new tag like
RELENG_4_X_RELEASE committed into the CVS-tree) preprevious branch
make unsupported. If you subscribed to freebsd-announce maillist -
you notified that new version (FreeBSD 4.7) released. Its automagicaly
means that RELENG_4_5 is unsuppoted.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL