Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:47:29 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! two machines ran out of swap and corrupted their zpools!

So, I am off sick and my colleagues decided to load test our set of five
servers excesively. All ran out of swap. So far so irritating, but whats has
happened is that twoof them now will not boot, as it appears the ZFS pool
they are booting from has become corrupted.

One starts to boot, then crases importing the root pool. The other doenst
even get that far with gptzfsboot saying it can't find the pool to boot from!

Now I can recover these, but I am a bit worried, that it got like this at
all, as I havent ever seen ZFS corrupt a pool like this. Anyone got any insights,
or suggstions as to how to stop it happening again ?

We are swapping to a separate partition, not to the pool by theway.

-pete.