Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 23:35:46 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world from 2.1.6R buys the farm many times

In message <199704130440.OAA01481@topaz.nemeton.com.au> Giles Lean writes:
: Nah, not here.  2.2-BETA built a then -current OK via 'make world'.
: If there are problems building from 2.2.1R then they might be worth
: fixing, but from 2.1.7?

OK.  In 10-15 days it won't matter to me any more either.  Or whenever
the 2.2.1 CDROMs are ready.

The problems that I've encountered so far relate to flags to ld in the
make depend part of the builds, and dependencies in xinstall (or was
that ls) on -current only features.  Or at least post 2.1 features.
This prevented even make bootstrap from working.

If it was only one problem, I'd likely try to fix it.  Since it seems
to be multiple problems, I'm likely going to give it a miss.

The new system is fast, but it isn't that fast.  At least not with the
JAZ drive I'm using for root and swap.  Maybe the Quantum Fireball
that I'm getting will be significantly faster.

Warner