Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 1997 00:27:18 -0800
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ghostscript Distributions

Hmm..
We now have three (3) ghostscript distributions, I can understand that
we keep 4.03 (Aladdin's current), but I don't see much sense in keeping
3.5.3 in the collection.
GNU's version (2.6.2) is outdated, I think the current version is 3.33.

We should only keep the current Aladdin and GNU versions! The only
reason I can imagine for keeping an old version is that versions dated
before 1995 have support for GIF images (that became patented
afterwards), but that would have been Aladdin 3.12.

Pedro.