Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12412: new port: net/cvsweb

The following reply was made to PR ports/12412; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To: sada@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:51:34 -0400

 On Sun, Jun 27, 1999 at 11:01:06PM +0900, sada@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

 > sed 's/^X//' >cvsweb/pkg/DESCR << 'END-of-cvsweb/pkg/DESCR'
 > Xcvsweb is a WWW CGI script that allows remote access to a CVS tree.  It

 Hey, a port of cvsweb.  This is really cool.  :)

 > Xallows browsing of the full tree; no access controls are implemented.
 > XIt can display the revision history of a file, as well as diffs between
 > Xrevisions and downloading the whole file.
 > XThe configuration should be easy; edit the variable definitions at the
 > Xtop, above the line that says "End configuration section".  Then install
 > Xit in your web server's cgi-bin directory and you should be all set.
 > XSeveral people have approaced me about modifying cvsweb for their own

 s/approaced/approached/

 I think it's usually best to try and avoid the first person when
 writing pkg/DESCR.

 > XAUTHOR: Bill Fenner <fenner@freebsd.org>

 Hmm...  j.m.,msdf...dsf...

 > Xa WWW CGI script that allows remote access to a CVS tree.

 WWW CGI script that allows remote access to a CVS tree

 (Start with capital letter, end without a period).

 I haven't tested this, but I'm sure you can commit this port yourself
 if you care to.

 --
 This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.