Date:      26 Sep 2000 14:48:39 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Porters Handbook policy

 * From: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>

 * I say change the Porters Handbook such that it only requires a patchfile
 * to be prefixed with "patch-".  Recommend that the patchfile's name
 * resemble in one form or another the actual file being patched, but don't
 * impose restrictions on what it should be.

Yes, I think that's fine.  In fact, I thought it was already agreed a
while ago that it's the way to go, but it's a pity nobody (myself
included) bothered to update the handbook.

Geeze, can you guys relax a bit?    Whatever works for the maintainer, man.

-PW