Date:      Tue, 8 May 2012 21:20:19 +0200
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        Christian Mangin <christian.mangin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-xfce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Xfce 4.10

2012/5/8 Christian Mangin <christian.mangin@gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> I've used your 'xfcemerge' script to update to and test xfce 4.10.
> Here's my observations:
>
> - On the ports update itself, the scripts doesn't clean up some patch
> files. I had to manually
> removes patch files from these ports:
>
> sysutils/xfce4-power-manager
> sysutils/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
> x11-wm/xfce4-session
> x11-wm/xfce4-wm

Script delete files/ directory in ports tree, I don't know why some
are still here, but I going to check.

> - After the upgrade x11/Terminal needs to be rebuilt. That should be
> part of the core packages.

Usually, every applications must be rebuilt, when we update core libraries.

> I'm running the Xfce 4.10 desktop right now. Everything seems to be
> working fine except
> for a few panel plugin issues :
>
> - The orage panel plugin crashes on startup. A rebuild of the package
> fixes it.

Panel applications **must be rebuilt**, because there're changements
in xfce4-panel (and other libraries).

> - The power manager plugin works fine as long as you don't select
> 'always display icon'. In that
> case if you remove the laptop battery you'll see a little red icon
> instead of the adapter icon and
> clicking on it will crash the plugin. (I know because I fixed it a year
> ago in 1.0.10)
> - All the icons are stacked to the left of the panel when you first
> start the desktop. That can be
> fixed by adding a separator at the correct location.

On my box, xfce4-power-manager coredump, and when panel plugin is
enabled (brigthness don't work) it crashes.