Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:50:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <rse@engelschall.com>
Subject:   Re: kdesupport2 fails to compile on 4.2-STABLE ...

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Will Andrews wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:12:08AM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > from what I can tell right now, the problem is in either 4.2-STABLE *or*
> > the XF-4.0.2 port ... I just wiped out everything, so that I'm startign
> > with a clean slate (rm -rf /usr/X11R6 /usr/local) and can't get
> > XFree-4.0.2 to install now without pthread errors ...
>
> The problem with QT/KDE is a result of the fact that X402 now builds GL
> with threads.  If X402 is not building anymore, that's a new problem and
> should be taken up with Jean-Marc.

    This is probably related to a PR I recently filed:  the GNU
Portable Threads (/usr/ports/devel/pth) port installs its own
pthread.h into /usr/local/include, hiding /usr/include/pthread.h in
the process.  This causes all kinds of headaches at link time.

    The fix is to uninstall the pth port, and verify that
/usr/local/include/pthread.h does not exist.  See PR ports/25224,
which is related to PR ports/17471.

    I've cc'd the maintainer on this message, as a heads-up.

    Finally, XFree86 4.0.2_2, 4.0.2_5 and 4.0.2_6 all compiled fine for
me, and now that I've uninstalled pth, I'm looking forward to having
Qt, xmms, and freeamp build successfully.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)