Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:56:31 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
Subject:   Re: whatkind of 19" LCD display??

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:30:22PM -0400, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Chris Hill wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >>[snip] whatever display i get has to have dual capability. both
> >>digital and analog-- eventually I'll need a new KVM box.
> >>
> >>so what are the top few makes of LCDs out there?
> >
> >I've been using a ViewSonic VP930b for a few years, and been very
> >happy with it. It has two VGA inputs, no DVI. Probably not made
> >anymore so I guess that's moot.
>
> - Replying to my own post like a tool -
>
> This monitor does in fact have a DVI input in addition to the two VGAs.
> Don't know if that counts as 'digital' or not.

	while i can still TYPE today::  the fact is that i was a hardware major, not software.
	but got shuffled into pporting an f77 compiler for my intership....  now, i know almost
	Zero about hardware, so no clue what this "dvi input" means.   sad, isnt it?

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix