Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 01:14:58 +0200
From:      Stefan Grefen <grefen@carpe.net>
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AHA2940AU anyone?

In message <9609201427.AA21855@iworks.InterWorks.org>  "Daniel M. Eischen" wrote:

> I know of someone with the same exact problem with the Linux aic7xxx
> driver.  Only a cold reboot will cause his disk to be seen.  My first
> thought was that the disk drive wasn't jumpered correctly.  It doesn't
> seem that is the case, though.

I've seen the same thing with UNIXWARE 2.1, a Fujitsu drive and a normal
2940 (albeit only sporadic).

> It sounds like these cards could have a bug in the firmware.  Do you
> have any other operating systems on the system, and do they behave
> the same way when warm rebooted?

All other drives (inlcuding another Fujitsu) did act on the reset and worked
ok.

Someone with a SCSI-analyser must have a look at this I fear.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                            Am Grossberg 16, 55130 Mainz, Germany
grefen@carpe.net                         +49 6131 998566   Fax:+49 6131 998568