Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:32:23 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running poudriere with 8 builders

El día Saturday, March 04, 2017 a las 12:57:40PM +0100, Kurt Jaeger escribió:

> Hi!
>
> > > Did you use ZFS as file system ?
> >
> > When I did the disk setup, I was also thinking in ZFS, but this would have
> > reduced the netto disk space from 2* 280 GB to the half.
>
> It does not have to be that way. Use only one disk for the system
> and the second disk for a poudriere ZFS pool ?
>
> > I have / for
> > all.the system and /usr/local for poudriere on the 2nd disk.
>
> Use the same setup, but with ZFS.

I now have made tar-backups of /usr/local/poudiere und /usr/local
(without) poudriere; I will umount the 2nd disk (da1) and restore
/usr/local, which will end up in the 1st disk;

about the ZFS I'm unsure; the poudriere.conf says:

#ZPOOL=tank
# root of the poudriere zfs filesystem, by default /poudriere
# ZROOTFS=/poudriere

Does this mean I should set:

ZPOOL=poudriere
ZROOTFS=/poudriere

and do:

# zpool create poudriere /dev/da1

and restore the poudriere.tgz into this having

/poudriere/poudriere/data/
/poudriere/poudriere/jails/
/poudriere/poudriere/ports/

or only