Date:      Thu, 5 Jan 2017 00:45:13 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail on freebsd

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 14:19:56 +0100, Bernt Hansson wrote:
 > On 2017-01-04 14:06, Ian Smith wrote:
 > > In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 657, Issue 5, Message: 18
 > > On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:26:48 +0100 Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>
 > > wrote:

 > >   > If  i put this in /etc/mail/access
 > >   >
 > >   > com    REJECT
 > >   >
 > >   > Does that reject all domains that contain com
 > >   > or just TLD com.
 > >
 > > The latter, BUT unless things have changed, you need to specify what
 > > kind of header it appears in, e.g (and yes, these are real entries):

[..]

 > Well, that does not answer my question, or my question is not quite right.
 >
 > Have this in access
 > romtelecom.net                  REJECT
 >
 > Would sendmail reject that based on
 >
 > com REJECT

No, well as I said, unless things have changed radically, the latter
would reject [*.]com but not domains containing the substring 'com'; the
former would reject only [*.]romtelecom.net

But I'm really not used to that format, without a header type, and it's
therefore unclear to me which mail header/s that would apply to, so I
hope someone not so thoroughly out of date will answer this ..

cheers, Ian