Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:23:30 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Richard Morte <richard@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: pppctl configuration

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to control ppp running in -auto mode by using
> pppctl, but I cannot get it to work properly.
>
> The appropriate entries in ppp.conf appear to be:
>
>  set server /var/run/internet "" 0177	# (taken from the FreeBSD Boook)
>
>  or, with a password:
>
>  set server /var/tmp/internet "MySecretPassWord 0177

There's a quote missing....

> to close the connection the following can be issued via a shell script:
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>  exec pppctl /var/run/internet set timeout 300\;close
>
> But all I get is the message "Socket operation on non-socket". Any ideas
> what else I need to do?

Try ``ls -l /var/run/internet''.  Do you mean /var/tmp/internet ?  Is
said file a named socket ?  Did the ``set server'' command complain
about anything ?

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>