Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 07:35:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jfieber@freebsd.org
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comments on new search page..

http://www.freebsd.org/search.html is nice - I like the consolidation
of search features!

However, what's not so nice is how it's currently implemented.
I click on GNATs and go to www.freebsd.org (fine and expected),
I click on "Manual Pages" or "Ports Changes" and go to Germany
(uhhh... say what?!), I click on "The Source Code" and I go to
Australia (though more often than not, like right now for example)
it's just too crazed and unpredictable an experience to be that
useful (connectivity from California to Germany or OZ is unusably
slow or even non-existant during most parts of the business day now).

We've been talking about bringing Warren Toomey's indexed source page
for awhile now, though at this point we could just as well substitute
in GLOBAL indexed pages (and I will probably bring in the tags support
for that soon) and I see no reason why the German stuff could be
brought a little closer to home.

Any comments?

					Jordan