Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:50:43 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why I Don't Do Linux

At 05:48 PM 2/10/2000 , Olaf Hoyer wrote:

>With regards to Richard Stallman... I think I remember some lines where he
>said that in a Lab he worked some party decided to take over all the
>computing power, and he finally got it back by patching the kernel...

It may have been ITS that allowed an inconsiderate user to hog the CPU. It
had virtually no security. I could be mistaken about this, though.

It's well known, though, that Richard was very much opposed to even basic
security measures. He badgered everyone at the MIT AI Lab to use the null
string as a password, for the sake of "openness."

--Brett