Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Laurent Wacrenier <lwa@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/32295

The following reply was made to PR bin/32295; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Laurent Wacrenier <lwa@teaser.fr>
To: Alan Judge <Alan.Judge@eircom.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, lwa@teaser.fr
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:19:24 +0100

 Alan Judge wrote:
 > Laurent, have you had any more info since you submitted this report?

 Not much. The problem hasn't been repeated on my servers since the
 report. I've looked in MySQL source code, the SIGALRM signal sound to
 be used to check time to time is the server or the connection hasn't
 been killed. MySQL provide a CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS (described in the
 INSTALL-SOURCE) named DONT_USE_THR_ALARM to avoid this, but some
 feature are disabled when you use it.

 It's not easy to debug random bugs on a multi-thread process with heavy
 load :( but if you want to, you should seek why the signals are queued
 but never flushed. Maybe the signal is blocked somewhere in MySQL or
 maybe it's a bug in libc_r that does not advertise the application. I
 guess it's the second option (you should compile libc_r with debugging
 symbols to check here).