Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Guy Harris <gharris@flashcom.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "xmms" port depends on "libintl.so.1", which doesn't seem to be standard

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Guy Harris wrote:
:->Jordan Hubbard suggested I ask "ports@freebsd.org" about this:
:->
:->The "xmms" port requires "libintl.so.1"; however, it's not on my FreeBSD
:->3.2 machine as installed.
:->
:->Did I fail to install FreeBSD correctly, or is there an error either in
:->the "xmms" port, such that it doesn't somehow arrange that it not
:->require the system to come with "libintl", or the build procedure for
:->3.2, such that it doesn't build a "libintl" shared library?
:->
:->Jordan says his system has it in "/usr/local/lib"; presumably it got
:->installed by him, either directly or perhaps as a result of installing
:->something else.  Am I unique in not having it there?

It's in /usr/local/lib on my 3.3 machine, apparently installed as part
of the gettext port, which is in /usr/ports/devel (and installed on it
when it was a 3.2 machine).

Looks like the xmms port needs to add gettext to the list of required
ports.

	<mike