Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:32:14 +0100
From:      "Johan Granlund" <johan@granlund.nu>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with SCSI-bus and high diskaccess?

> > Never had problems with Quantums before...
>
> Then you've probably never pushed them very hard.  I'm personally curious
> to see whether their newer drives (e.g. Atlas III, Atlas IV, Atlas 10K)
> have the same sorts of problems that their older drives did.  I'm
> certainly not willing, however, to spend any money to find out. :)

And the answer is...Yes:(

My Atlas II failed and got replaced with a Atlas III:
da1: <QUANTUM QM39100TD-SW N1B0> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-2
device

It starts to reduce tags at 36 (da1:ahc0:0:8:0): tagged openings now 36)
,the same as the Atlas II and mine is now at 2 tags.

The following patch fixes this:
{
	/* Reports QUEUE FULL for temporary resource shortages */
	{ T_DIRECT, SIP_MEDIA_FIXED, quantum, "QM39100*", "*" },
	/*quirks*/0, /*mintags*/24, /*maxtags*/32
},

/Johan