Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2006 00:07:32 -0800
From:      MC <rossiya@gmail.com>
To:        "Markus Dolze" <bsdfan@nurfuerspam.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best USB PCI Card

I saw accounts of the NEC uPD 720100 USB 2.0 controller making troubles
for the ehci driver last year this time.  Sounds like they may be fixed
now.  I will
try out the card see how it goes.

I just installed a qemu gentoo linux for the LVM2 "infinite disk" feature
and feed qemu the raw da0 ...  da3 USB2 drives for a userspace backup
system.  When archiving is done, I
just quit qemu and the disks can stay off for a week.

I didn't have much luck passing the USB2 device to qeum as a USB handoff.
But
it's not needed as qemu takes disk devices with the -hdb -hdc and -hdd
options