Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:19:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian O'Shea <b_oshea@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re-post: 4-STABLE panics in usbd_transfer after plugging in PQI Travel Flash

(re-posting sans URLs and attachments since the original hasn't posted yet)

4-STABLE panics in usbd_transfer after plugging in PQI Travel Flash (USB
compact flash reader).

# uname -a
FreeBSD apsara 4.8-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-PRERELEASE #0: Fri Feb 21 18:13:15
PST 2003     root@apsara:/usr/local/cvsup/4-STABLE/src/sys/compile/APSARA_DBG
i386

#16 0xc0262c59 in usbd_transfer (xfer=0xc0e23b80) at ../../dev/usb/usbdi.c:270
270             err = pipe->methods->transfer(xfer);
(kgdb) p pipe
$1 = 0x6

If anyone would like to take a crack at debugging it, I can arrange to
send you the debug kernel and core file (if those are too big, I can
just send you the kernel config file, GDB backtrace, dmesg output, or
any other information that you might want).

I'm taking a look at it too, but I'm not much of a kernel hacker.  If
you think that I should file a PR, let me know and I'll do it.

Thanks,
-brian