Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:12:44 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Jesse Walters <jwalt@mwci.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed0 error

Or you need to check that the IRQ is the same on the card and in the kernel...

Later

At 10:54 AM 4/26/98 -0500, Jesse Walters wrote:

>I am getting a  "/kernel: ed0: device timeout" on my console, I think the

>ethernet card is working fine I am able to configure it ok with ifconfig.

>Dmesg shows that it has been configed on irq10 and it also finds the mac

>address.  Yet even bofore it gets through the boot, it says ed0 device

>timeout.  Could this be from a misconfigured network or is this hardware

>related?  Thanks in advance.

>Save the whales...collect the whole set.

>Lottery:  A tax on people who are bad at math.

>Always remember you are unique, just like everybody else.

<smaller>The beer is too cold, the daiquiris too fruitful, there's no
place like home!

Jimmy Buffett "The weather is here, Wish you were beautiful"

Jon Lyons

parrothd@midwest.net

87 HONDA VFR700

http://cplkagan.dyn.ml.org/</smaller>;