Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      admin@lannon.qc.ca (Real Melancon)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation problems on 3.1

I just got we new 3.1 CD.

I mount the SCSI drive on 2920 Adaptec with DOS=20
without any problems.

I typed: D:\INSTALL
and got: Invalid command or file name

INSTALL.BAT just calls fbsdboot.exe which is in
the d:\tools subdirectory, so I just added

PAth=3D%PATH%;D:\TOOLS

typed:  D:\INSTALL again
and got: Invalid file format!

the install.bat is just:

    fbsdboot.exe -D kernel

This is a brand new CD. I tried all kind of different
installations but it's no use since it only recognized
the IDE drive (200 mb) and can't recognized the SCSI
drive (which is 3.2gig)

Is the CD buggy, or am I missing something. Any answer
would be really appreciated.

Salutations                               Programmation/Programming
Real Melancon.            Gestion de r=E9seaux/Network administration
Internet L`Annonciation              Acc=E8s Internet/Internet Access
http://lannon.qc.ca                    Sites Web/Design and hosting