Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:07:30 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?S=C3=B8ren_Klintrup?= <soren@klintrup.dk>
To:        Jan.Dreyer@bertelsmann.de
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hpasmd and hpacucli for FBSD 10

Hi Jan,

You don't need hpasmcli to monitor your smart array arrays, the current
status is printed in the scsi inquiry string.

I made a small shellscript you can use on your base FreeBSD install without
modifications, it works from cron or as an nrpe plugin and should work on
all Smart Array adapters and all versions of FreeBSD, if you have any
trouble let me know.

You can find the script here - http://soren.klintrup.dk/proliant, it's not
fancy but it definitely works.

Kind Regards,