Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 97 11:17:25 -0500
From:      cr@jcmax.com (Cyrus Rahman)
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions about mp_lock

Could someone who had a hand in implementing the SMP kernel give me a hint
about why the mp_lock count gets stored in the proc/user structure and
switched out in cpu_switch()?

Seems kind of weird, since I would expect that a process getting switched in
or out would always posses exactly one lock, and that any others would be
the result of interrupts.  But it does appear that something more complicated
is going on, and I can't exactly figure out what it is.

Cyrus