Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2023 00:44:51 +0000
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: analysing a coredump

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 08:58:01PM -0000, Peter 'PMc' Much wrote:

>Hi, there are certainly people here who are doing such regularly.
>I am only doing it when a bug hits me. I recommend recompiling with
>debug symbols, and also setting -O0 (because otherwise many
>interesting things get "optimized away").
>
>Then a backtrace should give proper locations to be found in the
>source, and probably understood from there.
>
>Since I cannot remember the options, I coded them into my build
>engine, as such:
>https://gitr.daemon.contact/sysup/commit/?id=3e15a711236c90ac9d525b83d1388cb8e4e1141d
>Adding these options to make.conf has worked for me (but may depend on how
>the port is designed).

I have poudriere-devel, and was thinking of doing it like so:

poudriere bulk -j 132Ramd64 -O sccache -f portslist.txt -i
(finishes bulk build, go into interactive mode)
cd /usr/ports/www/apache24
make -DBATCH -DDEBUG && make

but not sure here how I'd modify CFLAGS for -O0

There's no DEBUG in the options for this port