Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:27:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Review requested for i386 debug register helper functions

Hi,

If you have the time, I would very much appreciate any reviews on a
couple of helper functions that I've put together for manipulating the
i386 debug registers:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~bsd/i386watch/

I've had these in my toolkit for a long time and present them here,
slightly modified.  They are intended to keep folks from re-inventing
the wheel.  I've had at least two people ask for these to be
committed.

My main concern is their location in the tree.  I've got them under
src/lib/libc/i386/sys, and manual section 2.  They are not quite
system calls, but this seemed to be the best fit location for these.
I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks,
Brian
--