Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 22:07:01 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Christopher Stein <stein@eecs.harvard.edu>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, FreeBSD <freebsd@gtonet.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI DMA lockups in 3.2 (3.3 maybe?)

> His point was not a claim about performance, rather he was bringing into
> question whether performance was improving with successive releases.

Bringing something into question without detail is useless.  If I
seriously questioned your sexual orientation, for example, you'd have
every right to ask me just what the hell I was basing such a question
on and why I was uncertain about it in the first place.  Dennis has no
less of an obligation to define his terms and not simply wave his
hands.

And besides, you need to read his message again - he DID make a claim
about performance, he said it was slower than 2.2.x.  That by itself,
unfortunately, means precisely nothing.

- Jordan