Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 19:36:23 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUS Max support in -stable?

David Greenman writes:
>    Hmmm. I haven't touched the sound code. So unless Jordan messed
> with it, it should be identical to what was in 2.0.5.

This is strange.  This sounds rather naive, but how does config know
which include files to generate?  It no longer generates 'gusmax.h', and
I'm not sure how it determines which include files to generate.

If I comment out the need for gusmax.h in isa/sound/local.h in my
-stable tree everything works great, otherwise it fails.  I've looked at
the code in the sound directory, and *it* hasn't changed since 2.0.5,
but whatever file config uses to build the necessary kernel-specific
files has changed.

The solution is to either remove the need for gusmax.h in sound/local.h
or put back the building of 'gusmax.h' in config.

Nate