Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, bde@zeta.org.au, ache@nagual.pp.ru, peter@spinner.dialix.com.au
Subject:   Re: CVS Branches hits again!

> > Well of cource you get a different set of files, one command above
> > uses the -P (prune) option and the other does not.  You need to
> > add a -P to your ``cvs export''!!
>
> Incorrect.  "cvs export" doesn't even accept "-P".  It is implied.
> Also, as I mentioned, "cvs co -P -D tomorrow src/usr.bin" -- even
> with the "-P" -- still brings back the pseudo-dead files.

Then someone should fix the ``usage'' message, or maybe this is
due to the 2.1-stable nature of the beast I am on right now:

Script started on Tue Jul  8 23:10:28 1997
GndRsh# cvs export -H
Usage: cvs export [-NPfln] [-r rev | -D date] [-d dir] [-k kopt] module...
                     ^____ well, HUMM.... BOGUS as shown below!!
	-N	Don't shorten module paths if -d specified.
	-f	Force a head revision match if tag/date not found.
	-l	Local directory only, not recursive
	-n	Do not run module program (if any).
	-r rev	Check out revision or tag.
	-D date	Check out revisions as of date.
	-d dir	Check out into dir instead of module name.
	-k kopt	Use RCS kopt -k option on checkout.
GndRsh# cvs export -P ls
export: invalid option -- P
Usage: cvs export [-NPfln] [-r rev | -D date] [-d dir] [-k kopt] module...
	-N	Don't shorten module paths if -d specified.
	-f	Force a head revision match if tag/date not found.
	-l	Local directory only, not recursive
	-n	Do not run module program (if any).
	-r rev	Check out revision or tag.
	-D date	Check out revisions as of date.
	-d dir	Check out into dir instead of module name.
	-k kopt	Use RCS kopt -k option on checkout.
GndRsh# exit
GndRsh# exit

Script done on Tue Jul  8 23:10:39 1997
> --
>    John Polstra                                       jdp@polstra.com
>    John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                Seattle, Washington USA
>    "Self-knowledge is always bad news."                 -- John Barth

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD