Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:56:42 -0700
From:      Kurt Joseph Windisch <kurtw@network-services.uoregon.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        kurtw@network-services.uoregon.edu
Subject:   DHCP and 3C589D revA vs 3C589D-TP revB

Here's a strange problem:  I have two 3Com Etherlink III PCCards:
an older 3C589D rev. A (says "For 10Base-T and Coax") and
a new 3C589D-TP rev. B (says "For 10Base-T").  I'm using 2.2.6-R
and both work initially.  However when I startup dhclient (isc-dhcp2)
the older one works beutifully, BUT the system freezes with the new revB!!!

I'm using the standard card entry in pccard.conf.  Has anyone seen this
before or have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks
--Kurt