Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 21:52:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
To:        Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcom.net>, spork <spork@super-g.com>
Subject:   Re: Way to _not_ build something in make world?

Hi Evan Champion;  On 16-Nov-97 you wrote:
>  On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, spork wrote:
>
> > Copy "Makefile" to "makefile" and cvsup won't touch it, and make reads
> > the
> > lower-case one first...
>
>  Well, I have cvsup running in delete mode, so unless I specifically told
>  it to leave the file alone, it's just going to nuke the makefile.  I
>  guess
>  there isn't really a good way of doing this that doesn't smell of hack
>  in
>  one way or another.
>
>  Evan

How about cvs update -P -d  ?

Works like a charm here, meges my local changes with new revisions, etc.

Only caveat;  it gets angry at RCS $Id$, etc.

The above came from Justin Gibbs.  I am a CVS neophite at best :-)

---
If Microsoft Built Cars:

There would be an "Engine Pro" with bigger turbos, but it would be slower
on most existing roads.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313