Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 98 09:48:14 GMT
From:      Matthew Seaman <Matthew_Seaman@plsys.co.uk>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Rob Hartill <robh@imdb.com>
Subject:   Re: MFS size problem.  2.2.6-BETA

<nofill>Rob Hartill wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>
> > It's a login.conf thing: to fix you simply need to raise the `datasize'
> > limit on the daemon login class, run cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf and reboot.
>
> that did the trick. thanks.
</nofill>

Hmmm... Thinking about this, I wonder if having the MFS obey the datasize
limits of the daemon class is really a good idea.  Doesn't it mean that
should you run foul of a memory-leaking daemon process started from
/etc/rc*, it's potentially going to chew up all your swap space before the
system puts it out of its misery?

<nofill>
	Matthew

--
           Certe, Toto, sentio nos in Kansate nin iam adesse.

Matthew Seaman P&L Systems, 12 The Broadway, Amersham, Bucks., HP7 0HP, UK
Tel: +44 1494 432422  Fax: +44 1494 432478
</nofill>