Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2012 08:37:41 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam and more spam

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> could t be that everybody can post now on this list without being
> registered and without having administrator's approval?

It actually has been that way forever.  There may be certain rules that
trigger moderation in some cases, but usually not.  The reason for the
open list is that questions@ has been given as a support address in
documents, and some feel that should remain open.

The forums are that way already: http://forums.freebsd.org