Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:58:11 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <peterg@ptree32.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yet more updated kernels

http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel
http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel.nfs

 This should fix the problem for machines with > 256Mb. I've booted
successfully on my 640Mb eMac, although the OFW console is painfully slow.
The keyboard h/w doesn't seem to buffer as many keystrokes as the old
iBook.

 The problem was that not all RAM was being direct-mapped through BATs,
and the NetBSD pmap code relies on that. There was also a bug with
the overwriting of the BOOTSTRAP_ALLOC flag, which caused problems when
a bootstrap pvo entry was freed.

 There is a 'deprecated sysctl' message that's printed when running
mount_cd9660. I'll update the userland binaries to the most recent kernel
rev and get a new ISO image up in the next day or two so that everything
is sync'd up.

later,

Peter.