Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:43:37 -0400
From:      William Markert <billy@markertconsulting.com>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache lockf state after implementing SSL

Hi,

I've just setup a new dev server using FreeBSD 9 p3.

FreeBSD ibanez.xxxxx.com 9.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Jun
12 02:52:29 UTC 2012
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Apache/2.2.22 (FreeBSD) PHP/5.3.16 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.22
OpenSSL/0.9.8q DAV/2

I've created some self-signed certificates and implemented SSL with
Apache. When I am looking at "top", I see that I have 1 httpd in the
select state, and the rest of my httpd child processes are in the lockf
state. Before implementing SSL, none of my httpd processes were ever in
the lockf state when idle. Are these processes in the lockf state because
of the use of SSL with apache?

I'll apologize ahead of time as I read the digests, but never really post
and this is really bugging me. If this has been answered or someone has a
link just let me know. Please let me know if I need to include more
information. Also, apologies if I haven't formatted anything correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Billy Markert
Partner