Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:04:47 +0000
From:      "Paolo Di Francesco" <paipai@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I am "new"....

Ok, I've just subscribed  to this mailing list. The main reason is "curiosity"
I think and I'd want to know who is actively developing on this platform and
why.

Some questions:

1) Which will be the supported platforms? (the oldest ones?)
I need to know this because I would help in some way, but I do not have a SPARC
box at home. So I have to buy it, but this means "money" and I'm a student so
not much "money".....8(

2) Current state. I think I have to learn many things if I want to be of some
help.... But if you have done it, I think I shall do something else. 8)

Why I want to "play" with kernels and the low-level part of a system?
Well, you can learn many things, experimenting this kind of things.

P.S. let me know what you think.

Thanx

Ciao Ciao
       Paolo Di Francesco