Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:57:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tim Zingelman <tez@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Dave Ryan <dave.ryan@eircom.net>
Subject:   Re: kerberosV - SecurID

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Dave Ryan wrote:

> Does anyone know if RSA Securid OTP's are used anywhere to enhance the
> ticket granting phase of a kerberos authentication sequence?

The place I work uses hardware challenge/response tokens from
www.cryptocard.com integrated into our (MIT based) kdc.  If you are coming
from a non-kerberos aware location (ie. you have no ticket), you are
challenged with a code that you type into the card and use the response as
a one time password.  The cards also require a PIN number to operate.
None of our machines are supposed to accept a password except at the
console.

 - Tim <tez@enteract.com>