Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:07:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Wyman <wysoft@wysoft.tzo.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yet another Glob-related problem

Alright. I am running 4.2-RELEASE on my system, and seem to be having
problems that I haven't exactly seen on the list yet (unless I'm looking
wrong). I have a fresh source tree, with the revised glob patch applied,
as well as the new glob.h installed. When compiling glob.c in the make of
libc, I get this error:

cc -O -pipe -mpentium -march=pentium -DLIBC_RCS -DSYSLIBC_RCS
-I/usr/src/lib/lib
c/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DINET6 -DPOSIX_MISTAKE
-I/usr/src/lib/libc/..
/libc/locale -DBROKEN_DES -DYP -c /usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gen/glob.c -o
glob.o
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gen/glob.c: In function `glob':
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gen/glob.c:199: `GLOB_BRACE' undeclared (first
use in
this function)
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gen/glob.c:199: (Each undeclared identifier is
reporte
d only once
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/gen/glob.c:199: for each function it appears
in.)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc.

Sorry for the wrappage. I use pine, a serious problem many think I need
treatment for. Please cc responses to my email address if you'd like, else
I'll just check the archives every few hours (I'm not subscribed).