Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 16:46:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gunther Hipper <gunther@informatik.uni-rostock.de>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabyte 586DX mb w/ 2940UW ob

> I was wandering around town recently, when I came across a motherboard
> being sold that had SCSI built into it (the subject is the MB "type")!
> Does FreeBSD support this ?
Yes, it is supported by FreeBSD (great operating system - good work and thanks
for all who created FreeBSD).
I'm running FreeBSD on these Boards (FreeBSD SMP and 2 CPUs) - the 2940UW
is recognized by FreeBSD.
Could'nt use the driver because we only have EIDE drives - no SCSI devices
at this time.

Bye

Gunther

Gunther Hipper                 |
University of Rostock          |
Department of Computer Science | Tel    +49 381 498 3391
Albert-Einstein-Str. 21        | Fax    +49 381 498 3440
18051 Rostock - Germany        | Email  Gunther.Hipper@informatik.uni-rostock.de