Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:25:45 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        death <death@southcom.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba 2.0.6 & broken TCP_NODELAY option

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 02:10:30AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> It's upsetting that even though we had people from the Samba team
> speaking at FreeBSD'con, they aren't making samba run as best it can
> under FreeBSD without obtuse hacks or socket options.

It's also upsetting that this hasn't found it's way in the FreeBSD port
of Samba. I haven't asked yet on any mailing lists for disadvantages of
these options (at least, some more memory in use), but when looking for
a solution to make Samba work faster on FreeBSD, I found hints to those
socket options but none why they aren't default.

Okay, I'll look for Samba contacts...

Regards,

Martin
--
 /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
/ |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,